Sunday, September 9, 2007

My first post

We'll never lose him in the snow



My son wanted an orange hat. I started with a Mary Pratt Romney fleece that I had processed by Still River Mill. I dyed three batches with Wilton's in the crockpot (orange, yellow, red). I spun it gradually transitioning between colors, and then navajo plied it. The picture here is only half the hat. I'm going to knit it as a double layer. The inside will probably be plain orange, or maybe a three color three ply.




Wilton's purple?




This is from a cormo fleece I bought from www.cormo.us. I love her fleeces. This one I washed myself and then dyed in Wilton's violet. It didn't turn out purple, but I love the color. I can't decide if I want to dye the rest of the fleece this color and knit a sweater, or mix this with nylon and turn it into socks.



Shrinking fleece







I asked my husband to fit two fleeces into one box. This is his solution. It really was a McGuyver moment. Using a strainer and a vacuum cleaner he shrunk the fleece to about 1/4 of it's original size.




Christine

1 comment:

Marilee Rockley said...

What a great hat! Definitely will heat up even the coldest winter day!